12 September 2009

A FAMILY-FILLED SUMMER--PART ONE





























































I am blessed to have a wonderful family on my mother's side and on my father's side too (that's another post!). And one of the very best things about this summer has been all of the time spent with cousins, aunts, uncles, their spouses/s.o.'s, and my mom. We've traveled to family gatherings in NYC & Stone Ridge and we also hosted family here on Cape Ann.  Our house went thru a colorful transformation  thanks to our visitors from Italy! Check out their fabulous/meticulous work.  And while RK was in VA with his parents for a short trip, Uncle John came to stay here while NRT was in CO and their house was rented. While staying here he cooked me Steak a la Trott which I had never before tasted. Ymmm. A few weeks ago we took a little road trip to Andover on a trip down memory lane to my Mom and her sibs' childhood home where 2 of the bathrooms remain exactly as they were in 1934 when our grandfather Emery and his Dad built the house. I must get my love of colorful home dec from my grandmother Emma! The next day several of us went to Eastern Boarders for our skateboarding celeb cousin's signing event. Pix herewith are in a jumbled order-sorry. I took them all-except one! That's the one of Clinton with CMT! It's just too fun not to include it!

1 comment:

GreenPea said...

What a wonderful collection of family photos. I am, of course, impressed by your mother's particularly good taste in T shirts... P