21 October 2008

BOOK CLUB GIRL blog

Tonite, we of The Thin Book Club will be discussing LOVING FRANK (i'm in love with this book...but not quite finished), and inevitably we'll end up trying to figure out what to read over the next few months. We're always looking for suggestions. Please let me know if you have any?!
I just came across Book Club Girl's blog and I have to admit, this is what I thought my blog would be like until I digressed a bit and made it about my own adventures, my own pix etc. This blogger is also a publishing gal. And I need to dig a bit further, but I think mabye her blog is only focusing on Harper Collins books. I haven't had time to check that out yet. Since we don't publish fiction where I work, I can't blog about books our bookclub should be reading...focusing only on our books for enthusiasts.

Maybe someday I can refocus this blog solely on books. But in the meantime, for reading ideas...check her out Book Club Girl's blog for lots of great reading suggestions. BTW, I'd love to read Ann Patchett's RUN next!

http://www.bookclubgirl.com/book_club_girl/
Book Club Girl is: a member of a book club and an avid reader who spent most of her childhood immersed in a book, an English major who considered library school until she realized it was all about computers, so turned to publishing, where she now works (but she vows to talk about books from all over and not to simply flog those from her own house). She was single, lived in the city, met a man, moved to the 'burbs, and is now a wife, a stepmother, a mother, and in her spare time, a fledgling blogger dedicated to sharing great books, news and tips with book club girls everywhere.

1 comment:

Daydreamer said...

How wonderful to have found this!