16 December 2008

COCOA CANDY CANE BISCOTTI


Tomorrow we're having a cookie swap at work and I'm going to make these yummy biscotti. They are quick and I have all of the ingredients in my pantry. This is a Christmas adaptation of my friend Peg's biscotti recipe! Feel free to add chocolate chips if you'd like to. This is a very adaptable recipe!

Serve them with homemade peppermint stick ice cream (I am in love with my Cuisinart Ice Cream/Sorbet Machine) and a steaming hot cup of black coffee for the ultimate in holiday desserts! To fancy them up a notch dip them in white chocolate and sprinkle with candy cane dust!

Since I don't have a photo of these festive cookies, I thought I'd show off a pic of Frank celebrating the holidays!

COCOA CANDY CANE BISCOTTI

1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil

2/3 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp. peppermint extract

2 cups flour

2 tsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)

1 tsp. baking powder

4 candy canes (gently smashed up in a ziploc bag)


-Mix together first 4 ingredients.
-Add flour mixed with baking powder & cocoa
-Fold in 4 crushed candy canes
-Shape into 2 logs approximately 3”x 6”.
-Bake at 350 degrees for 25 –30 minutes, until light brown on an un-greased cookie sheet
-Keep rack up high in the oven
-Cool 15 minutes. Slice into 3/4" slices and lay on cut side.
-Bake for another 20-25 minutes, watching carefully until
lightly browned.

No comments: