15 November 2009

THE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING BAMBOO SISTERHOOD'S ADIRONDACK KNITINI WEEKEND

































































I know, i know...i start every blog post by saying how lax i am with my blog posts. I seem to be running two or three months behind on many posts!  Here's where i was a month ago...Keene Valley NY at Yarns in the Farms' Bamboo Sisterhood Knitini weekend! A week prior I had torn my ACL stumbling down the bulkhead stairs so this was a fab way for me to stay off my feet! Everyone took such good care of me. For that I am extremely grateful! We laughed and chatted as we knit up a storm (I knit a pom-pom topped hat and made great progress on my now-finished Floofy Skirt) under the magnificent tutelege of Jill and Carolyn. Jan and Suzanne led us thru a handmade book class. I wish I had whittled a walking stick! Dori and Colleen were chefs extraordinaire (praline french toast, chili, whole wheat crusted cheesy vegetable pie, pesto bowties, chicken pot pie and tons more delish taste treats)! And oh what a magical house we stayed in. It had a million bedrooms, comfy sofas in front of a huge fireplace that burned throughout our long weekend getaway, unbeatable views and that perfect Adirondack look! We were so lucky to make this trip at the peak of Autumn--the leaves were spectacular, the air crisp but not too cold. We roasted marshmallows and made smores by the bonfire, we enjoyed a lunchtime trek across the valley (others hiked, i was driven) and we even did a bit of shopping at The Birch Store. I made lots of new friends, and was delighted to have my UVM roomate Mar as my roomate once again! I drove to and fro with Jan and 'twas a great New England roadtrip including visits to Middlebury  both ways and some yummy breadpudding in Randolph. We were so lucky to be able to cross Lake Champlain via the Crown Point Bridge  just about a week before it was shut down.

1 comment:

Jill said...

What a great time we had... your picture and presentation bring it all back to life. I sometimes feel it was just a dream... and YOU were there, and YOU were there, said Dorothy...