21 November 2009

THE MOST BEAUTIFUL NOVEMBER SATURDAY EVER...ON CAPE ANN...PLUS A NOTE ON SANDWICHES!








What a beautiful day! Thanksgiving is less than a week from now, yet today we drove around Cape Ann with the sunroof open and sunglasses on! Today was the Gloucester Chamber of Commerce's annual Home for the Holidays House Tour. My mom and I went to each of the glorious Annisquam and Lanesville homes. We saw great views, fun decor, great art, and some very clever holiday decorations. I wonder if we could go a year without our Christmas ornaments? Could i get away with putting just little white candles and a golden garland on our tree? What a treat the whole day was! Mid-tour we met RK for a yummy BLT luncheon at the Willow Rest. 

I think Gloucester has the best sandwiches on earth! In the past three weeks we've had sandwiches from The Lone Gull, Duckworth Beach & The Willow Rest and never in my life have I tasted a sandwich as good as any of these. Deeelish! 

No comments: